Porky-Pine Waffles Recipe
This recipe originated with an Arizona cousin of mine. For a change of taste, I sometimes substitute applesauce and sauteed apple chunks for pineapple. I was raised in the city, and I've lived most of my life in this suburb of Chicago—but I have fond memories of summers spent in farm country!
- 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained (reserve juice)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 pound fresh pork sausage links
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1. Combine the potatoes and cheese in a mixing bowl. Beat eggs with milk, reserved pineapple juice and butter; stir into potato mixture and mix well. Combine flour and baking powder; stir into potato mixture and mix well. Set aside. Brown pork sausage. Drain and cut into bite-size pieces. In a saucepan, combine sausages, pineapple and maple syrup; heat through. Bake the waffles. Serve waffles topped with sausage-pineapple mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 839 calories, 37g fat (17g saturated fat), 254mg cholesterol, 1459mg sodium, 104g carbohydrate (60g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein.
Reviews for Porky-Pine Waffles
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC