Pork with Watermelon Salsa
A colorful combination of watermelon, strawberries, kiwifruit and peaches makes a sweet salsa that's ideal to serve alongside grilled pork basted with peach preserves.
- 1 cup seeded chopped watermelon
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries
- 1/2 cup chopped kiwifruit
- 1/4 cup chopped peaches
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1 to 2 mint leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup peach preserves
- 3 pork tenderloins (3/4 pound each)
- 1. For salsa, in a small bowl, combine the fruit, lime juice, honey, lime zest and mint; set aside. In a saucepan or microwave, heat the preserves for 1 minute.
- 2. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat using a drip pan. Place pork over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium-hot heat for 15 minutes. Turn; brush with some of the preserves. Grill 10-15 minutes longer or until juices run clear and a thermometer reads 160°, basting occasionally with preserves. Serve with salsa.
1 each: 304 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 69mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 34g protein.
Jun 23, 2013
Very refreshing meal. Great summer dish for entertaining!
Aug 1, 2008
The salsa is quite tasty and unique in flavor. Diane
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC