Pork with Watermelon Salsa
A colorful combination of watermelon, strawberries, kiwifruit and peaches makes a sweet salsa that's ideal to serve alongside grilled pork basted with peach preserves.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Grill: 25 min.
Makes6 servings (2 cups salsa)
- 1 cup seeded chopped watermelon
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries
- 1/2 cup chopped kiwifruit
- 1/4 cup chopped peaches
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1 to 2 mint leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup peach preserves
- 3 pork tenderloins (3/4 pound each)
- For salsa, in a small bowl, combine the fruit, lime juice, honey, lime zest and mint; set aside. In a saucepan or microwave, heat the preserves for 1 minute.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat using a drip pan. Place pork over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium-hot heat for 15 minutes. Turn; brush with some of the preserves. Grill 10-15 minutes longer or until juices run clear and a thermometer reads 160°, basting occasionally with preserves. Serve with salsa.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 304 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 69mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 34g protein.
Originally published as Pork with Watermelon Salsa in Quick Cooking July/August 2001