Pork with Strawberry-Port Sauce
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Grill: 10 min.
Makes8 servings (2 cups sauce)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 cup strawberry spreadable fruit
- 1/4 cup port wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 8 pork rib chops (1 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onions, 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; cook and stir until tender. Stir in spreadable fruit, wine, vinegar and mustard. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add tomatoes; cook 2-3 minutes or until softened. Stir in basil and lime juice.
- Sprinkle chops with remaining salt and pepper; place on greased grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop with 1/4 cup sauce: 355 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 436mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 26, 2013
I also used chicken broth instead of wine with very pleasing results.
Jun 26, 2013
I was intrigued with the jelly ingredient and like to try new recipes. This recipe is DELICIOUS! Served with Jasmine Rice and a wilted lettuce salad, it received rave reviews and would be special enough for company.