Pork with Garlic Cream Sauce
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Broil: 10 min.
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted, divided
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup 1% milk
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- Cut pork into 1-in. slices; flatten to 1/2-in. thickness. Place in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Brush oil over all sides of pork; sprinkle with half of the sesame seeds.
- Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes; turn and sprinkle with remaining sesame seeds. Broil 3-5 minutes longer or until meat juices runs clear.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, saute garlic in butter for 1 minute. Stir in milk and cream cheese. Reduce heat; cook and stir until blended and smooth. Stir in chives. Serve with pork.
Nutrition Facts3 ounce-weight: 255 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 151mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fat.
Sep 18, 2014
This was super quick and very tasty. I did add about 2 extra cloves of garlic because...well I like the stuff!! I cut the pork loin super thin so I didn't have to "flatten" it...it was just about 3 minutes each side and it was wonderful. The cream sauce thickens a lot next time I may add a bit more milk to thin it a little bit...but there will be a next time!
Sep 20, 2010
This was delicious, fast and simple! I used light herb and garlic cream cheese and doubled the sauce recipe to serve with rice. I pan fried the pork tenderloin slices instead of broiling. Very popular!
Feb 29, 2008
This is Elisa from Tigard, OR. These are mine. They got the city and state wrong. This is for friends who I know wanted to look these up online and did not want them to pass them up thinking it was someone else.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.