Enjoy a change-of-pace recipe on our Test Kitchen. The aroma of this delicious dinner will really whet your appetite. Curry brings earthy flavor while raisins and apples lend a touch of sweetness.
Recommended: 29 Healthy Winter Skillet Meals
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 pound pork tenderloin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 teaspoons reduced-fat butter, divided
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small apple, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups hot cooked couscous
- Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown pork in 2 teaspoons butter. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until a thermometer reaches 160°, turning occasionally. Remove pork and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onion and garlic in remaining butter until tender. Add apple and raisins; saute 2 minutes longer. Combine the cornstarch, curry powder and broth until smooth; stir into apple mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork and couscous. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pork with Curried Apple & Couscous in Cooking for 2 Fall 2008, p16