Pork with Corn Bread Stuffing Recipe
This main dish is one of my family's favorites. It's fantastic for holiday get-togethers, because it looks just as good as it tastes!
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 bacon strips, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups corn bread crumbs
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (1-1/4 inches thick) or 1 pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 4 pounds), boned for stuffing
- 1. Pour water over raisins; set aside. In a saucepan, cook bacon until crisp; add celery and onion. Cook and stir for 2 minutes; remove from the heat. In a small bowl, combine the egg, salt, pepper and bacon and raisin mixtures. Add crumbs and toss lightly.
- 2. If stuffing pork chops, cut a pocket in each chop by slicing from the fat side almost to the bone. Spoon about 1/3 cup stuffing into each chop; place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake at 375° for 40-50 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- 3. If stuffing a roast, fill pocket in roast with stuffing. Tie roast with string and place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Roast at 325° for 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°. Cover and let stand 10 minutes before carving. Yield: 6 servings (chops) or 8-10 servings (roast).
Reviews for Pork with Corn Bread Stuffing
Reviewed Mar. 30, 2014
"I love stuffed pork chops, and these were very good. Family gave them thumbs-up."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC