VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cut up
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups corn bread crumbs
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (1-1/4 inches thick) or 1 pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 4 pounds), boned for stuffing
- Pour water over raisins; set aside. In a saucepan, cook bacon until crisp; add celery and onion. Cook and stir for 2 minutes; remove from the heat. In a small bowl, combine the egg, salt, pepper and bacon and raisin mixtures. Add crumbs and toss lightly.
- If stuffing pork chops, cut a pocket in each chop by slicing from the fat side almost to the bone. Spoon about 1/3 cup stuffing into each chop; place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake at 375° for 40-50 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- If stuffing a roast, fill pocket in roast with stuffing. Tie roast with string and place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Roast at 325° for 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°. Cover and let stand 10 minutes before carving. Yield: 6 servings (chops) or 8-10 servings (roast).
Originally published as Pork Stuffed with Corn-Bread Stuffing in Country December/January 1993, p47
Reviews forPork with Corn Bread Stuffing
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 30, 2014
"I love stuffed pork chops, and these were very good. Family gave them thumbs-up."