Pork with Artichokes and Capers
- 2 pork tenderloins (3/4 pound each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Lemon slices
- 1. Cut pork into 1-in. slices; flatten to 1/4-in. thickness. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook pork in butter in batches until tender. Transfer to a serving platter and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, cook and stir onion until tender. Stir in the artichokes, broth, capers and mustard; heat through. Serve over pork; sprinkle with parsley. Garnish with lemon.
1 each: 263 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 479mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 37g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Apr 29, 2010
I thought this was really good. I loved the lemony taste from the capers and artichokes.
Jan 28, 2010
I tried it for my wife and I, we both loved the flavor and the uniqueness of the artichokes!
I made it again and used horseradish sauce insted of Dijon mustard. (We were out of Dijon) It was simply fantastic!!