Pork with Apples ‘n’ Hazelnuts
When pork tenderloin is on sale, I buy several with this recipe in mind. Round out the meal with rolls and a green salad.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium apple, cut into wedges
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Dash salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped hazelnuts
- In a large skillet, cook pork in oil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or tender. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, saute the onion, apple and carrot for 1 minute. Add broth; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until liquid is evaporated.
- Stir in the cream, vinegar, mustard, tomato paste, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened. Return pork to the pan; stir to coat. Sprinkle with hazelnuts.