- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4-1/2 cups cubed peeled sweet potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 4 teaspoons olive or canola oil, divided
- 2 pork tenderloin (3/4 pound each)
- 4 large Granny Smith or other tart apples, peeled and cored
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, cinnamon, cardamom and pepper. Place sweet potatoes in a large bowl. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon spice mixture and 3 teaspoons oil; toss to coat. Spread in a single layer in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 10 minutes.
- Rub the remaining oil over pork; rub with remaining spice mixture. Place over the sweet potatoes. Bake for 15 minutes. Cut each apple into eight wedges. turn pork; arrange apples around meat. Bake 15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forPork with Apples and Sweet Potatoes
"Next time I will try just making the sweet potatoes! Even those that don't like sweet potatoes in my house (kids), love them in this recipe. This is a keeper!! So simple and quick - keeping the flavors still natural. YUMMY!"
"What a wonderful winter dinner!! Next time (and that may be very soon) I will use more sweet potatoes."
"I have made this often. Once the guests said that I had out done myself. Of course, now it is one of my best. Today I am going to try it with a loin roast."