Pork & Vegetable Stir-Fry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons sherry or additional unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen stir-fry vegetable blend, thawed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups cubed cooked pork
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, apple juice, sherry and soy sauce until smooth; set aside.
- Stir-fry vegetable blend and garlic in oil for 1-2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add pork; heat through. Sprinkle with almonds. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup (calculated without rice): 306 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 552mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Nov 7, 2015
So easy! Tasted great.~ Theresa
Mar 12, 2012
I used the leftovers from the Pork Roast with Plum Sauce recipe and it turned out great, with a little extra soy sauce and brown rice, of course! Tasted much better than the little sauce packets that come with frozen stir fry veggies!
Mar 27, 2011
Perhaps other reviewers didn't use already flavored leftover pork? We had some apple & beer slow cooker pork tenderloin leftover so that is what we used and this turned out so yummy and was a great way to use up the leftover pork! We steamed some brown rice to go with it and added some extra broccoli.
Nov 9, 2010
Needs something rather flavorless. Zero out of five tasters here wanted to have it again.
Oct 18, 2010
Quick, easy and very bland.