Pork & Tomato Pasta Sauce
“This is a favorite with my husband and two small children. Even my neighbors make it now. Simple ingredients, simple preparation, no fuss—just a great meal.” —Jackie Hughes, Baltimore, Maryland
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic, undrained
- 1/2 cup julienned oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- Hot cooked fettuccine
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in cream and tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Serve with fettuccine.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 561 calories, 54g fat (28g saturated fat), 163mg cholesterol, 836mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Tomato Cream Pasta in Simple & Delicious December/January 2011
Jan 19, 2015
Great flavor and really easy to make. Nice alternative to spaghetti and meatballs. Next time I make this I plan to use more tomatoes and less sausage to bring down the calories.
Jul 20, 2012
Excellent. My husband's favorite!!