Pork & Tomato Pasta Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic, undrained
- 1/2 cup julienned oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- Hot cooked fettuccine
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in cream and tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Serve with fettuccine.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 561 calories, 54g fat (28g saturated fat), 163mg cholesterol, 836mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 19, 2015
Great flavor and really easy to make. Nice alternative to spaghetti and meatballs. Next time I make this I plan to use more tomatoes and less sausage to bring down the calories.
Jul 20, 2012
Excellent. My husband's favorite!!