Pork Tenderloin with Sweet Potato Ragout
Apples, juicy red tomatoes and sweet potatoes always make me think of fall. —Greg Fontenot, The Woodlands, Texas
Total TimePrep: 1 hour Grill: 20 min.
Makes6 servings (3 cups ragout)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large navel orange
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon plus 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) cut sweet potatoes in syrup, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 2 pork tenderloins (3/4 pound each)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Finely grate peel from orange. Cut orange crosswise in half; squeeze juice from orange. Stir brown sugar, vinegar, 1/8 teaspoon salt, orange peel and orange juice into onion mixture. Bring to a boil; cook 6-8 minutes or until liquid is almost evaporated.
- Stir in sweet potatoes, tomatoes and apples. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until apples are tender and liquid is almost evaporated, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle pork with pepper and remaining salt. Grill, covered, over medium heat 18-22 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°, turning occasionally. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with ragout.