Pork Tenderloin with Raspberry Sauce Supreme
For a sweet main dish, try this fruity pork tenderloin. The delicious flavor will delight your guests and family.—Bernice V. Janowski, Stevens Point, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 8 pieces
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled, thinly sliced crosswise
- RASPBERRY SAUCE:
- 6 tablespoons red raspberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Fresh raspberries, optional
- Press each tenderloin slice to 1-in. thickness; lightly sprinkle both sides of each slice with cayenne pepper. Heat butter in large heavy skillet over a medium-high heat. Add tenderloin slices; cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, combine all sauce ingredients in small saucepan; simmer over low heat about 3 minutes., stirring occasionally. Keep warm.
- Place cooked tenderloin slices on warm serving plate; spoon on sauce and top each tenderloin with kiwi slice. Serve with remaining kiwi slices and fresh raspberries if desired.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 287 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 189mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein.
Originally published as Pork Tenderloin with Raspberry Sauce Supreme in Country Woman January/February 1990