I served this entree one year for Christmas Eve dinner, and it's now a family favorite. My husband is always happy when we have leftovers because he uses them for sandwiches.
Recommended: 28 Romantic Dinners for Valentines Day (or Any Day!)
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (1/2 ounce) dried chanterelle mushrooms
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried savory
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins (3/4 pound each)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh button mushrooms
- 4 ounces pearl onions, trimmed and peeled
- 1 cup marsala wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a small bowl, combine dried mushrooms and hot water; set aside. In another bowl, combine the dried herbs, garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Sprinkle over pork.
- In a large skillet, brown tenderloins in 2 tablespoons oil on all sides. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute the sliced mushrooms and onions in the remaining oil until mushrooms are browned. Add the wine, broth and remaining salt. Drain chanterelle mushrooms; add to the pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add pork.
- Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Remove pork and let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Slice pork and serve with sauce. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pork Tenderloin with Marsala Mushroom Sauce in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p108
Reviews forPork Tenderloin with Marsala Mushroom Sauce
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review