Pork Tenderloin with Glazed Onions
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 4 large sweet onions, sliced (about 8 cups)
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots or golden raisins
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- In large skillet, saute onions in butter for 2 minutes. Stir in the apricots, brown sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper; cook until onions are tender.
- Place pork tenderloins on a rack coated with cooking spray in a shallow roasting pan; top with onion mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20-27 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with onion mixture.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 284 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 252mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fruit, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Jul 30, 2017
Just ok. This was nothing special. Very disappointed, since I was expecting something special from a contest winning recipe. There are a lot better pork tenderloin recipes.
Dec 12, 2016
This recipe is amazing. My only change was to omit the fruit (just not our thing). The meat was soooooo juicy (not always easy with lean cuts) and the onions were fantastic. Definitely a keeper.
Jul 24, 2014
I made this the other night for dinner. It's delicious-and super easy. The only thing I did differently than the original recipe was seasoned the outside of each tenderloin with a mixture of garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper and a pinch of dried thyme and seared them in a little vegetable oil in a skillet before putting them on the rack to bake. The onions turn a dark golden brown from the balsamic vinegar and the apricots add a nice pop of sweetness here and there. They really compliment the juicy, tender pork.This is a recipe I'll go to often. Thank you, Janice!
Dec 5, 2011
I have made this recipe several times and it's always a hit. looks as delicious as it taste.
Aug 22, 2011
This is amazing! Sweet, savory, tender meat. This will make a great special occasion dinner or company dinner. Impressive & easy. Can't beat it.