Chutney and pears add a distinctive touch to these sandwiches, making them perfect for special luncheons. But they're so simple that you won't mind making them anytime.
Recommended: 60 Favorite Slow Cooker Pork Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 pork tenderloins (about 1 pound each), trimmed
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 slices sourdough bread
- 3 tablespoons mango chutney
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced pears, drained
- 6 slices process American cheese
- Cut pork widthwise into six slices; sprinkle with seasoned salt and pepper. Flatten to 1/4-in. thickness; cook in oil in a large skillet over medium heat for about 4 minutes per side or until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, toast bread and spread each slice with about 2 teaspoons chutney. Top with tenderloin, pears and cheese; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 300° for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches in Country Pork 1996, p29