A bag of fresh nectarines shared by my neighbor inspired this grilled pork recipe. The salad is delicious served with corn bread as a quick lunch or light, summer supper.—Robyn Limberg-Child, St. Clair, Michigan
Recommended: 65 Heart-Healthy Suppers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 6 cups spring mix salad greens
- 4 medium nectarines, sliced
- 4 ounces Havarti cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup sliced sweet onion
- 1/4 cup honey-roasted almonds
- 1 cup honey mustard salad dressing
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the vinegar, syrup and oil. Add pork; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill pork, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until tender.
- Divide salad greens among six plates; top with pork, nectarines, cheese, onion and almonds. Drizzle with dressing. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pork Tenderloin Nectarine Salad in Country Woman August/September 2010, p45
Reviews forPork Tenderloin Nectarine Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2012
"i added dried cranberries and used light raspberry slad dressing instead of maple... next i'm using bleu cheese instead of havarti, and peel, seed, and dice the cucumber... great idea"