I'm a cook in a senior citizens' home where I don't get much of an opportunity to experiment with cooking. So whenever I get a chance, I head to my own kitchen and create new dishes like this.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound boneless pork, cut into 1-1/4-inch cubes
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients; add pork. Seal bag; refrigerate overnight. Discard marinade. Thread meat on skewers, leaving a small space between pieces.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
Originally published as Pork Souvlakia in Country Pork
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.