Pork Soft-Shell Tacos
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2/3 cup enchilada sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry roasted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry pork and onion in oil for 3-4 minutes or until pork is no longer pink; drain and keep warm. In the same skillet, combine the enchilada sauce, peanuts, chocolate chips, raisins, garlic, cumin and red pepper flakes. Cook and stir over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until chocolate is melted.
- Pour into a blender; cover and process until smooth. Return to skillet. Stir in corn and pork mixture; cook until heated through.
- Spoon pork mixture down one half of each tortilla; fold remaining side over filling. Serve with lettuce, sour cream and green onions
Nutrition Facts2 each: 370 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 263mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 5g fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch.
Jun 3, 2010
Great alternative to traditional ordinary tacos. Very yummy!! Made full batch of sauce, but used 1/2 lb tenderloin for my husband and I. He doesn't like sour cream so I put some shredded monterey jack cheese in his.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.