Pork Soft-Shell Tacos
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2/3 cup enchilada sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry roasted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry pork and onion in oil for 3-4 minutes or until pork is no longer pink; drain and keep warm. In the same skillet, combine the enchilada sauce, peanuts, chocolate chips, raisins, garlic, cumin and red pepper flakes. Cook and stir over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until chocolate is melted.
- Pour into a blender; cover and process until smooth. Return to skillet. Stir in corn and pork mixture; cook until heated through.
- Spoon pork mixture down one half of each tortilla; fold remaining side over filling. Serve with lettuce, sour cream and green onions
Nutrition Facts2 each: 370 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 263mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 5g fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jun 3, 2010
Great alternative to traditional ordinary tacos. Very yummy!! Made full batch of sauce, but used 1/2 lb tenderloin for my husband and I. He doesn't like sour cream so I put some shredded monterey jack cheese in his.