Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 45 min.
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb (1-inch pieces)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large skillet, , cook chops in oil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until chops are lightly browned; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Remove and keep warm. Mix pan drippings with bread crumbs. Reserve 1/4 cup; sprinkle remaining crumbs into an 8-in. square baking dish.
- Combine the rhubarb, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon; spoon half over the bread crumbs. Arrange pork chops on top. Spoon remaining rhubarb mixture over chops. Cover and bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes.
- Uncover; sprinkle with reserved bread crumbs. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until pork is tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 464 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 417mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 3g fiber), 34g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 19, 2014
The tartness of the rhubarb, chewiness of the pork and crunchiness of the bread crumbs made a very enticing combination.
Sep 26, 2011
After making this I purchased more rhubarb and blanched and froze more so that I can make it all winter long. We love it that much.
Jan 31, 2010
These were so good!!!