"I get lots of compliments on this tangy pork dish, so I fix it often," writes Ann Yaeger from Houston, Texas. To speed preparation, Anne uses frozen has browns instead of peeling and slicing potatoes.
Recommended: 60 Favorite Slow Cooker Pork Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (27 ounces) sauerkraut, drained
- 4 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 6 pork chops (1 inch thick)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- In an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, combine sauerkraut and hash browns. Top with pork chops. Combine soup, onion, water, sugar and vinegar; pour over all. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 hours. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pork Sauerkraut Casserole in Quick Cooking March/April 1998, p36