Pork Satay Recipe
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons Thai chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine first seven ingredients. Set aside 1/4 cup for dipping sauce. Pour remaining sauce into a large resealable plastic bag; add the pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Thread pork slices onto 20 metal or soaked wooden skewers. Place skewers on a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Broil 3-4 in. from heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until meat juices run clear.
- 3. Meanwhile, for sauce, combine peanut butter and water in a small bowl until smooth. Stir in lime juice and reserved soy sauce mixture. Serve with skewers. Yield: 20 servings.
1 skewer: 73 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 172mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Pork Satay
"I cooked this recipe for lunch and I can highly recommend the marinade. I followed the recipe exactly, except that I cooked the meat in a hot, lightly oiled pan, instead of on skewers on a grill. The meat came out wonderful. It was juicy, flavorful, and seared to a lovely reddish color because of the soy.The peanut sauce, on the other hand, just didn't work for us. The only flavors which came through were peanut and salt. We felt it would have benefited from fish sauce instead of soy, some ginger, and lime rind or lemongrass. I will make the Satay pork again, but I'll use a different dipping sauce."
"This is one of my favorite recipes from quick and Simple. I've made it a bunch of times. Going to make it for dinner tomorrow in fact! It's so different from what I usually make. I made it for a friend once so she could try it too. I'm a sucker for peanut butter and wasn't sure how it would be in a dish like this, but it's SO good! I'm actually going to let it marinade for 24+ hrs. so making dinner after work won't take as long."
"This sauce is great! I marinated chicken thighs in this sauce all day and grilled them...turned out incredible!"
"Made them for a party. They were a big hit and others asked for the recipe."
"Delicious! easy to make, really attractive on the plate....what's not to love? This is a keeper!"
"I was looking for something easy and interesting and this recipe sure fit the bill. I'm kind of daring in the kitchen, so when we were expecting some friends over,I thought "Why not?" There wasn't a scrap left. Raves all around. Thank you!"