Pork Satay with Rice Noodles
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless pork loin chops, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 9 ounces uncooked thick rice noodles
- Minced fresh cilantro and chopped peanuts, optional
- 1. Sprinkle pork with pepper. Place in a 3-qt. slow cooker; top with onion. In a small bowl, mix peanut butter, soy sauce, onion powder, garlic powder and pepper sauce; gradually add broth. Pour over onion. Cook, covered, on low 4-6 hours or until pork is tender.
- 2. Remove pork from slow cooker and keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer cooking juices to a large skillet. Bring to a boil. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth and add to pan. Return to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Add pork; heat through.
- 3. Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Serve with pork mixture. If desired, sprinkle with cilantro and peanuts.
1 serving: 411 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 700mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Sep 11, 2015
I made this exactly as the recipe called for and we did not think it had much taste. We will not be keeping this recipe.
Dec 9, 2014
I have fixed this a few times for my wife, she loves it. I decided to add a hint of sesame oil to it and it upped the wow factor. Either way, this is great, it stays in our recipe file.
Jul 21, 2014
I made this today and it was very, very good!!! It was super easy and delious. Went right by the recipe and wouldn't change a thing. Thank you for a great recipe!
Jul 9, 2013
I made this recipe exactly as written. Even though it was good everyone thought it was pork stroganoff. I'm not sure why but it just didn't taste as we expected. I won't be making this again but I wouldn't discourage anyone from making it. Let's face it, we all have different tastes.