Everyday dinners are considered a hit in our home when I plan them around this hearty roast. The juicy meat and pleasant sauce are delectable together. And the pork looks so festive with its fruity glaze.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2-1/2 teaspoons chili powder, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 rolled boneless pork loin roast (3-1/2 to 4 pounds)
- 1 cup apple jelly
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, salt and garlic salt; rub over roast. Place roast fat side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 hours.
- In a saucepan, combine the jelly, ketchup, vinegar and remaining chili powder. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until the jelly is melted and mixture is smooth. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes.
- Brush 1/4 cup jelly mixture over roast. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°. Remove roast to a serving platter; let stand for 10-15 minutes. Skim fat from pan drippings. Stir in remaining jelly mixture; heat through. Slice roast and serve with sauce. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Pork Roast with Tangy Sauce in Country Woman March/April 2003, p33
Reviews forPork Roast with Tangy Sauce
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 19, 2013
"It was to tangy for me"