- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup sherry
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup plum jam
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Cut roast in half. In a large skillet, brown roast in oil on all sides; drain. Transfer to a 4-qt. slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the sherry, thyme, soy sauce, garlic, mustard, ginger, garlic salt, salt and pepper; pour over pork. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until a meat is tender. Remove meat to a serving platter; keep warm. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
- Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Add jam. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with gravy. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forPork Roast with Plum Sauce
"I love this "planned overs" idea! Use the leftover meat from this recipe to make a pork stir fry the next night! Saves time and money, always a good thing!"
"The taste of this reminded me of Christmas, is must have been all the thyme, which I liked. I used her suggestion of apricot preserves and I used fresh ginger. What a knock-out wonderful flavor! And tender."
"My husband does not care for fruit and meat combos, so I simply didn't make the sauce. Next time I will make it with much less thyme...the amount the recipe called for was overpowering. Otherwise we thought it was pretty good."
"i wondered about all the thyme in this recipe and i was right, yuck! do you guys test these things?"
"i almost never make the same recipe twice, but i made sure to file this one away. we loved it."
"Zero out of five testers at our house liked the gravy. Wouldn't make again."