Pork Roast with Herb Rub
A combination of dry herbs gives pork an out-of this-world flavor. This wonderful, moist roast is a family favorite—and it makes great company fare, too. —Carolyn Pope, Mason City, Iowa
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + chilling Bake: 1-1/4 hours + standing
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (4 pounds)
- Mix first seven ingredients; rub over roast. Refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place roast on a rack in a roasting pan, fat side up. Roast until a thermometer reads 145°, 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 hours.
- Remove roast from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts4 ounces cooked pork: 198 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 240mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat.
Dec 27, 2015
This was ok. Not much flavor inside the pork. Not sure if I would make again.
May 7, 2015
Beyond excellent but add to directions "spray the pan with Pam".
Dec 27, 2014
I made a couple changes and this is the best rub ever!