Pork Roast with Herb Rub
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + chilling Bake: 1-1/4 hours + standing
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (4 pounds)
- Mix first seven ingredients; rub over roast. Refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place roast on a rack in a roasting pan, fat side up. Roast until a thermometer reads 145°, 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 hours.
- Remove roast from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts4 ounces cooked pork: 198 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 240mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 27, 2015
This was ok. Not much flavor inside the pork. Not sure if I would make again.
May 7, 2015
Beyond excellent but add to directions "spray the pan with Pam".
Dec 27, 2014
I made a couple changes and this is the best rub ever!