- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 to 3-1/2 pounds), trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 jar (10 ounces) apple jelly
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 cup chopped peeled tart fresh or dried apples
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh or dried cranberries
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan and rub with poultry seasoning. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°-170°.
- For topping, combine the apple jelly, juice and cardamom in a saucepan. Cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Add apples and cranberries; cook until tender, about 5-10 minutes. Combine cornstarch and water; stir into apple mixture. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened, about 1-2 minutes. Remove roast from oven and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with apple topping. Yield: 8-10 servings (about 2 cups topping).
Reviews forPork Roast with Apple Topping
"Wonderful variation on pork roast! A little something different from the traditional spices on a fall day!"