Pork & Rice Noodle Soup
My husband and I are crazy over the Korean noodle bowls at our favorite restaurant. I created this recipe to enjoy the same flavors in a quick and easy meal. You can find rice noodles in the Asian section of the grocery store.—Lisa Renshaw, Kansas City, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 6-1/2 hours
Makes8 servings (3 quarts)
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cans (13.66 ounces each) coconut milk
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 ounces uncooked thin rice noodles
- 2 cups frozen pepper strips, thawed
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first six ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Add rice noodles, pepper strips and water chestnuts; cook 30-35 minutes longer or until noodles are tender. If desired, skim soup. Just before serving, stir in cilantro and lime juice.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 380 calories, 23g fat (18g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 677mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.
Jan 29, 2020
I made this for my husband and I for our anniversary. Instead of boneless pork ribs I used ham steak and added some shiitake mushrooms. We loved it so much, we will be making it again soon.