Pork Ribs Lo Mein
Sweet and savory Asian ingredients come together for a mouthwatering and hearty dish. Because they’re added later in the cooking process, the veggies still impart great texture.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 6-1/2 hours
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 pound uncooked spaghetti
- 4 green onions, sliced
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the ribs, carrots and onion. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, soy sauce, ketchup, honey, vinegar, garlic, ginger and pepper flakes. Pour over ribs. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until pork is tender. Remove to a plate; shred with two forks and return to slow cooker.
- Stir in broccoli and water chestnuts. Cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. In a large bowl, combine spaghetti and pork mixture. Sprinkle with green onions.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 684 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 1153mg sodium, 112g carbohydrate (49g sugars, 5g fiber), 32g protein.
Originally published as Ribs lo Mein in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.