Pork Ribs and Chilies
Total TimePrep: 1-1/4 hours Bake: 2-1/4 hours
- 2-1/2 to 3 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Hot cooked rice
- Shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese, optional
- Sour cream and guacamole, optional
- Place ribs in a deep roasting pan. Cover and bake at 450° for 30 minutes; drain. Reduce temperature to 350° and bake, uncovered, 45 minutes longer; drain. Allow to cool; cut meat into 1-in. cubes and return to pan. Combine tomatoes, broth, salsa, chilies and seasonings; pour over ribs. Cover and bake for 2 hours.
- Combine cornstarch in water until smooth; stir into rib mixture. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes longer. Serve over rice. Top with cheese, sour cream and guacamole if desired.
Nutrition Facts5 ounce-weight: 269 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 724mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein.
Mar 12, 2011
This was really good, both my husband and I very much enjoyed it. This is a recipe, I'm looking forward to serving to others at my table.
Nov 3, 2010
This was DELICIOUS! I usually skip recipes without pics, but this recipe used all of the ingredients I wanted to use so I tried it out. The test kitchen must try and photograph this as it was divine!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.