- 1 cup finely shredded peeled potato
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1-1/3 cups water, divided
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble pork over mixture; sprinkle with bread crumbs and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. In a large skillet, brown meatballs in batches over medium heat; drain. Remove and keep warm.
- Add 1 cup water and bouillon to skillet; stir until bouillon is dissolved. Return meatballs to the pan; cover and cook for 20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Combine flour and remaining water until smooth; gradually add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forPork-Potato Meatballs
"We found this recipe as written to be quite bland. Edible but not worth playing with to find improvements that will make us enjoy it."
"I used ground beef, doubled the potatoes and salt and pepper! DELICIOUS! Everyone loved this dish!"