Pork Pocket Pasties
I'm in my 70's and have spent many happy hours in the kitchen. I most often cook from scratch, but I can't resist these delectable pasties that call for frozen has browns.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 2 cups frozen hash browns, thawed
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 pita breads (6 inches), halved
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Crumble sausage into a large skillet; cook over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the hash browns, carrot, onion, salt and pepper. Cook until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese. Spoon into pitas.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet; brush outside of pitas with butter. Bake at 400° for 4-5 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 310 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 675mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Originally published as Pork Pocket Pasties in Country Pork
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.