Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup peach preserves
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients. Add the pork, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, brown pork in oil. Add salsa and peach preserves; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Serve over rice if desired.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 237 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 236mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 10, 2019
Easy and delicious. Used all peach salsa and omitted preserves. This would also be good using mango salsa.
Aug 11, 2010
Easy to make - my kids love it and ask me to make often
Mar 12, 2009
This is one of my favorite recipes for Pork when I am in a hurry, I always have the ingredients on hand and my family loves the flavour of the spices and sauce.Jeannine Savard
Feb 5, 2009
This is a wonderful tasting recipe. A definite keeper in our home!