- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 small Granny Smith apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 24 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Mix garlic and seasonings; rub over pork. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add onion, apple, sweet pepper and tomatoes. Cook, covered, on low 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove pork; cool slightly. Shred meat into bite-size pieces; return to slow cooker. Stir in raisins and olives; heat through. Serve in lettuce leaves; sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forPork Picadillo Lettuce Wraps
"This is SOOOOOO awesome! So full of flavor. If you have picky children who don't eat a lot of veggies use tortillas instead of lettuce. They will love it! This is one of those recipes that will be a keeper and made often."