Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/3 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 2 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Place spaghetti sauce in a small saucepan; cook over low heat until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cut tenderloin into eight slices; flatten to 1/4-in. thickness. Place egg substitute in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Dip pork slices in egg substitute, then roll in crumb mixture.
- Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 5-6 minutes on each side or until meat is tender. Drain pasta; serve with spaghetti sauce and pork. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and remaining Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 365 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 878mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch, 2 vegetable.
Apr 13, 2012
This was really good. It had great flavor and was easy to make.
Oct 7, 2010
This was a lot better than i expected it to be It is really hard to find recipes that taste good and are low in calories. I seasoned the egg whites with a little salt pepper and paprika. Turned out perfect in the oven and the pork was tender. My husband couldn't even tell it was one of my diet dinners!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.