Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 egg
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 6 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and paprika. In another bowl, beat egg. Dip each pork chop in egg, then coat with crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet, cook pork chops over medium heat in oil for 6-8 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Top each chop with tomato sauce and cheese; cover and simmer for 1 minute or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 213 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 497mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 15g protein.
May 12, 2014
Easy and good! after browning on stove top I cooked in the crock pot on low for 4.5 hours with the sauce mixture on top. Placed cheese on top during last 30min in slow cooker.
Jan 11, 2012
I didn't LOVE this recipe the way I have gone nuts for some one the other stuff on this website, but my husband asks for it at least once a week. It is not awful to me, just not a whole lot of flavor.