Pork Panini & Spiced Fries
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound medium red potatoes
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1-1/2 pounds cooked pork, sliced
- 8 dill pickle slices
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients. Cut potatoes into 1/4-in. sticks. Add to bag, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until crisp and golden brown, stirring once.
- Meanwhile, cut bread in half widthwise (save one half for another use). Cut bread in half horizontally; cut into fourths widthwise. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, chili sauce, mustard and cumin; spread over bread. Layer each with pork, pickles and cheese. Replace tops.
- Cook on a panini maker or indoor grill for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with fries.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 869 calories, 42g fat (13g saturated fat), 192mg cholesterol, 1190mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 65g protein.
Nov 9, 2011
I enjoyed this recipe for leftovers but I thought the fries were what made this meal.
Aug 28, 2011
My husband loved this and I did as well!!! We had some leftover spread that we used on the panini and also used it as dip for the fries. I think I would use about 1/2 the cayenne pepper it calls for.
Jan 29, 2010
Made this with leftover pork roast. Came out great! Loved the taste of the sauce and pickles with the pork.
Jan 21, 2010
We really liked this. I don't have an indoor grill so just made it like I would grilled cheese. I added some leftover ham I had in the freezer as well. Really liked the fries too.
Jan 19, 2010
This was excellent!! I made mine on my George Foreman which I hadn't probably used in 5 years and it was perfect. The fries were delicious too!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.