- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound medium red potatoes
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1-1/2 pounds cooked pork, sliced
- 8 dill pickle slices
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients. Cut potatoes into 1/4-in. sticks. Add to bag, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until crisp and golden brown, stirring once.
- Meanwhile, cut bread in half widthwise (save one half for another use). Cut bread in half horizontally; cut into fourths widthwise. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, chili sauce, mustard and cumin; spread over bread. Layer each with pork, pickles and cheese. Replace tops.
- Cook on a panini maker or indoor grill for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with fries. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forPork Panini & Spiced Fries
"I enjoyed this recipe for leftovers but I thought the fries were what made this meal."
"My husband loved this and I did as well!!! We had some leftover spread that we used on the panini and also used it as dip for the fries. I think I would use about 1/2 the cayenne pepper it calls for."
"We really liked this. I don't have an indoor grill so just made it like I would grilled cheese. I added some leftover ham I had in the freezer as well. Really liked the fries too."
"This was excellent!! I made mine on my George Foreman which I hadn't probably used in 5 years and it was perfect. The fries were delicious too!"