A dear Filipino friend gave me a pork recipe so tempting, we never have leftovers. Try it with meats like chicken, sausage or Spam. —Priscilla Gilbert, Indian Harbour Beach, Florida
Featured In: 26 Healthy Meals in a Bowl
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 ounces uncooked vermicelli or angel hair pasta
- 1 pound boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick), cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2-1/2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1 cup fresh snow peas
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Break vermicelli in half; cook according to package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, toss pork with 2 tablespoons oil, garlic and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of the pork mixture; stir-fry 2-3 minutes or until browned. Remove from pan. Repeat with remaining pork mixture.
- In same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; stir-fry 1-2 minutes or until tender. Add remaining vegetables; stir-fry 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in pepper and remaining salt. Return pork to pan. Add vermicelli; heat through, tossing to combine. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pork Pancit in Simple & Delicious April/May 2016
Reviews forPork Pancit
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review