Pork Noodle Soup Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 7 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup chopped cabbage
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Dash cayenne pepper, optional
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) pork ramen noodles
- 2 cups cubed cooked pork
- 1. In a Dutch oven, saute celery and onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the water, asparagus, cabbage, parsley, tarragon and cayenne if desired. Bring to a boil.
- 2. Coarsely crush the noodles. Add the noodles with the contents of the seasoning packets to the pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until the noodles and vegetables are tender. Add pork; heat through. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
1 cup: 116 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 205mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Pork Noodle Soup
"i made this and it was wonderful. the seasonings were just righjt and i will make it gain"
"I tried this to use up some forgotten frozen pork roast. This was delicious! I substituted most of a can of French-style green beans and added a little more cabbage. Otherwise I made it as the recipe was written. Picky hubby loved it so I will definitely make this again."