- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 7 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup chopped cabbage
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Dash cayenne pepper, optional
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) pork ramen noodles
- 2 cups cubed cooked pork
- In a Dutch oven, saute celery and onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the water, asparagus, cabbage, parsley, tarragon and cayenne if desired. Bring to a boil.
- Coarsely crush the noodles. Add the noodles with the contents of the seasoning packets to the pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until the noodles and vegetables are tender. Add pork; heat through. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews forPork Noodle Soup
"i made this and it was wonderful. the seasonings were just righjt and i will make it gain"
"I tried this to use up some forgotten frozen pork roast. This was delicious! I substituted most of a can of French-style green beans and added a little more cabbage. Otherwise I made it as the recipe was written. Picky hubby loved it so I will definitely make this again."