Pork ‘n’ Veggie Kabobs
These colorful kabobs from our Test Kitchen feature tender pork and fresh veggies in a sweet and spicy marinade.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 small yellow summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 sweet onion, cut into 4 wedges
- In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Divide marinade between two large bowls. Add pork to one bowl and vegetables to the other; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread pork, squash, green pepper and onion. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until pork juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 214 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 158mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Pork 'n' Veggie Kabobs in Cooking for 2 Summer 2006