Pork ‘n’ Sweet Potato Salad
Instead of traditional salads that are tossed together, this is layered with somewhat tropical ingredients for a beautiful presentation. It's wonderful for special occasions.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 small bunch romaine
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, cooked, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups cubed cooked pork
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted, optional
- Drain pineapple, reserving 3 tablespoons juice; set pineapple aside. Combine the juice, mayonnaise, curry powder and paprika. Line a large serving platter with romaine. Arrange potatoes, pork, pineapple, green pepper and onion on top. Sprinkle with almonds if desired. Top with curry dressing.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 329 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 329mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 lean meat, 1 fruit.
Originally published as Pork 'N' Sweet Potato Salad in Country Pork
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.