Pork ‘n’ Potato Skillet
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 to 2 pounds boneless pork, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 package (4.9 ounces) scalloped potatoes
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into rings
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown pork in oil; add celery. Cook until celery is tender; drain. Combine milk and mayonnaise until smooth; add to the skillet. Stir in potatoes, contents of sauce packet and water; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes, contents of sauce packet and water; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally. Arrange green pepper and tomato on top. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until peppers are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 422 calories, 25g fat (5g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 551mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein.
Sep 24, 2017
Found this recipe when I was searching for a recipe that used boxed scalloped potatoes. It was very tasty and the sauce was really creamy and delicious! The pork was very tender. A very easy, semi homemade main dish!
Oct 9, 2013
I made this last night for the family. When asked by my teenagers. what is that? I said I'm trying something new. I hope it's good. I made biscuits on the side. when it was all said and done. we sat down to eat dinner. They LOVE IT!! It was a BIG hit in my house.