Pork ‘n’ Potato Dinner
This comforting meal-in-one skillet dish is a delicious down-home dinner for two suggested by field editor Doris Heath of Franklin, North Carolina.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Coat pork chops with flour. In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown chops in oil on both sides. Combine 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese and pepper; sprinkle over chops. Arrange potato and onion slices over chops. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese.
- Dissolve bouillon in boiling water; stir in lemon juice. Pour over chops. Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese. Cover and simmer for 18-22 minutes or until meat juices run clear.
Originally published as Pork 'n' Potato Dinner in Taste of Home April/May 2002