Pork ‘n’ Pepper Tacos
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pounds boneless pork, cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 taco shells, warmed
- Shredded lettuce, shredded cheddar cheese, chopped tomato and salsa
- Saute pork in oil in a large skillet until lightly browned. Add onion and jalapenos; cook 5 minutes longer
- Stir in seasonings. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5-10 minutes or until meat and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Serve in taco shells with lettuce, cheese, tomato and salsa.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts2 tacos (calculated without toppings): 530 calories, 28g fat (7g saturated fat), 133mg cholesterol, 503mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 49g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 8, 2013
I was a bit disappointed in these. They were ok, just nothing special. Needed a bit more flavor.
Jan 9, 2010
I generally just eat regular tacos, but these won me over! They're great! Even my kids (1 & 2 years old) loved them!