Pork ‘n’ Pepper Tacos
As a Texas native, I prefer spicy food. But since my husband and I both work nights (I'm a nurse), I also need quick dishes like this. I've taken it to parties at work, too, and most tasters enjoy it - with an icy cold soda in most cases! -Jacquie Baldwin, Raleigh, North Carolina
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pounds boneless pork, cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 taco shells, warmed
- Shredded lettuce, shredded cheddar cheese, chopped tomato and salsa
- Saute pork in oil in a large skillet until lightly browned. Add onion and jalapenos; cook 5 minutes longer
- Stir in seasonings. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5-10 minutes or until meat and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Serve in taco shells with lettuce, cheese, tomato and salsa.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts2 tacos (calculated without toppings): 530 calories, 28g fat (7g saturated fat), 133mg cholesterol, 503mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 49g protein.
Originally published as Pork 'n' Pepper Tacos in Country Woman July/August 1998
Apr 8, 2013
I was a bit disappointed in these. They were ok, just nothing special. Needed a bit more flavor.
Jan 9, 2010
I generally just eat regular tacos, but these won me over! They're great! Even my kids (1 & 2 years old) loved them!