Pork ‘n’ Penne Skillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound boneless pork loin chops, cut into strips
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 cups uncooked penne
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, chili powder, salt and pepper. Add pork, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, cook the pork, mushrooms, onion, red pepper and oregano in oil and butter over medium heat for 4-6 minutes or until pork is browned. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add the milk, tomato sauce and pasta. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until meat is tender.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 264 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 546mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.
Aug 6, 2012
My 9 yr old really enjoyed this dish as did I. She says it needs to go in the recipe box! The sauce turned out really creamy. Yum!
Jul 15, 2011
My whole family really liked this. The pork was very tender, and we loved the sauce. I used a bag of frozen onions and peppers and it turned out great. Will definitely make this again soon.
Mar 23, 2011
I made this last night and my family loved it. It was so easy and I love that it is made in one pan. This is definitely a keeper.
Mar 11, 2011
So easy and tasty!! I am so tired of recipes that I put tons of work into and the result is just ok. This one was easy and delicious!
Dec 27, 2010
I have made this several times, sometimes subbing chicken for the pork. Love that its a one pot meal.
Oct 15, 2010
Liked this recipe, the pork was very tender. Made a few changes, I added some green peppers in place of mushrooms and some red pepper seasoning to give it more of a kick. The oringinal recipe is a little mild so if you like something a little more flavorable add your favorite seasonings.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.