Pork ‘n’ Pear Lettuce Wraps
When the weather's mild, I like to prepare the pork and pears on the grill. No matter how you make it, this Asian-inspired appetizer is delicious!—Cheryl Perry, Hertford, North Carolina
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Broil: 20 min.
Makes10 wraps (1-1/4 cups sauce)
- 2 cups pear nectar
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 Asian pears, peeled, halved and cored
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pork tenderloin (3/4 pound)
- 10 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 10 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- In a small saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer until sauce is reduced to 1-1/4 cups; keep warm.
- Combine brown sugar and cayenne; sprinkle over pears. Place on a greased broiler pan. Rub garlic and salt over tenderloin. Place on broiler pan with pears.
- Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 9 minutes. Turn; broil 7-9 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160° and pears are lightly browned. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Cut each pear half into five slices. Cut pork into 10 slices. Place two slices of pear, a slice of pork and onions on each lettuce leaf. Top with sauce; wrap lettuce around filling. Serve immediately.